“FSBOs tend to sell for lower prices than comparable home sales and in many cases below the average differential represented by the prevailing commission rate.”...Collateral Analytics Research
"Three of the study’s conclusions:
1. FSBOs achieve prices significantly lower than those from similar properties sold by Realtors using the MLS
2. The differential in selling prices for FSBOs when compared to MLS sales of similar properties was about 5.5% in 2016
3. The sales in 2017 suggest the average price was near 6% lower for FSBO sales of similar properties." ...Collateral Analytics
"Why would FSBOs net less money than if they used an agent?
• FSBO buyers are out looking for a discount on the home they purchase • Agents know how to properly ‘stage’ the house
• Properties listed with a broker are marketed to a much larger buyer population. If more buyers see a home, the greater are the chances there could be a bidding war for the property" ...Collateral Analytics