Sympathy Messages for Pet Loss
Sympathy Messages for Death of a Pet
Sometimes you will need general pet sympathy card messages. You can use these pet
condolence messages to help you get your message started or leave them the way
- I am sorry about your pet dying. I know it was special and became part of your family.
- Some animals are extra special, and when we lose them, we feel a real loss. My condolences on the loss of your pet.
- I don't know that I can say anything to make you feel better after losing your pet, but I would like to say I'm sorry for your loss.
- Some people don't think that losing a pet is a big deal, but I know that it can be difficult. Pets can be great friends and even family members. My condolences.
Sympathy Messages for Death of a Dog
Use these sympathy card messages for dogs.
- When they say a dog is man's best friend, it's easy to understand why it's so difficult to lose a great dog. Losing your best friend is difficult.
- There is something special about dogs to be able to bond with their owners. That relationship can be difficult to lose. I am sorry you lost your dog.
- Life is too short for dogs. We get to watch them as puppies all the way through old age. A dog will give it's entire life to pleasing us. My condolences on the loss of your dog.
- They're cute, funny, happy, protective, sweet, and understanding. What more could you ask from a pet or even a person? Your dog was all of these things. My condolences.
- They broke the mold when your dog died. There will never be another one like him. I am sorry for your loss.
Sympathy Messages for Death of a Cat
When someone's cat dies, you can use these messages for your sympathy card.
- Although cats are relatively independent creatures, you get used to having them around and miss them when they are gone. Sorry for your loss.
- I wish cats did have nine lives. Then I wouldn't have to say "My condolences for the loss of your cat."
- Cats entertain us with their athletic abilities. They pounce several feet, sprint quickly, and land on their feet. I am sorry for the loss of the athletic member of your family.
- It's amazing how much you can miss a cat. My condolences.
- Dogs may be man's best friend, but cats are members of the family. Sorry for the
loss of your family member.
Suggestions for Writing Pet Loss Messages
When you are writing a pet sympathy card keep these things in mind, so you can ensure an effective message.
- Don't make fun of the feelings the owner has. Sometimes people bond emotionally to pets and can go through the grieving process when they lose a pet. Be sensitive to this, especially if you are thinking of making a joke of it.
- Don't suggest that the person go out and buy a new pet right away, or mention the fact that it's easy to obtain a new one. The owner had THAT pet, not just any other of the same type of animal. Some pets aren't replaceable.
- Don't try to convince the person to buy a different type of pet the next time. It's not the time to debate whether dogs or cats are better pets. No pet is going to be as good as the pet they lost.